October 27–31, 2013
Alexander Technique International is a worldwide organization of teachers, students, and friends of the Alexander Technique, created to promote and advance the work begun by F. Matthias Alexander. ATI embraces the diversity of the international Alexander Technique community and is working to promote international dialogue.
To create and sustain open means of global communication for people to discuss, apply, research, and experiment with the discoveries of F.M. Alexander.
To encourage the use of the F.M. Alexander Technique in both human and environmental relationships.
To embody the principles of the F.M. Alexander Technique in ATI’s structure and means of operation.
To provide a means for recognizing Alexander Technique Teacher competence and providing certification for those teachers who qualify.
ATI AGM 2013 in Toronto Oct 27th – 31th, with “ATI Teacher Certification” Processing sessions Pre-Day, October 26th, 2013
If you are attending this year’s AGM in order to become an ATI Certified Teacher, the upcoming ATI Annual General Meeting pre-day offers a wonderful opportunity.
This Pre-Day is the only day that Teacher Certification processing will be offered. A supplemental Sunday morning session will be scheduled to those who need to complete their third session and who are attending the entire AGM meetings.
In order to help us administer a smooth process, please carefully review the following information:
1. We can only schedule as many certifying sessions as we have staff and time to cover. The sessions can require not only Sponsors, but translators, volunteer students and a space in which to work. We need to have all this organized in advance, so please register well before the cutoff date of August 25, 2013.
2. We accept applicants in the order in which we receive the applications.
3. Please register early as to ensure that you will have a slot in the Pre-Day.
4. When you register for the entire ATI-Annual General Meeting the certification process, with THREE Sponsor evaluations if you need them, is included in your $220.00 AGM registration fee. You will then be required to submit your teaching member annual dues with your finished application to ATI.
5. If you are only coming to participate in the certification process without attending the ATI meeting--please note the following:
- You are restricted to a maximum of two certification process sessions.
- There is no one-day registration fee option offered to those folks not attending the ATI AGM meetings and activities.
- We charge $75.00 for each certification process session (maximum $150.00)
- This fee only covers the ATI certification process. Teaching Member dues from the day of certification is additional.
6. Important: Registration can be completed by clicking on the “Registration” tab
7. Give your attention to reviewing the basic requirements outlined in ATI’s “Criteria for Certification as an ATI Teaching Member.”
Please familiarize yourself with the ATI Teaching Member via Sponsorship Application. You may download and print the Application here: ATI Teaching Application